Saturday, October 9, 2010

CV....or... Resume?

Recently, my ex-students contacted me, to seek an advice. Yes, certainly, I would be very grateful to advise them. The main concern, of course, about writing a CV. I think all students able to write a CV. But, to write a convincing one, surely needs some skills and knowledge. I've been a practicum coordinator and visited few organizations back in 2002-2003. The feedback got from these organizations, some were ok, some were not ok.....
What really surprised me was in UUM there are many workshops conducted in order to give students knowledge about writing up an outstanding and marketable CV. Of course, the students will be charged accordingly. Yet, what happened was....the CV format was very identical to Jobstreet format.........
If students asked me, I will help them. I always tell myself, be kind to people,and the reward will be from Allah swt.....insyaAllah...
UUM's convocation is just few weeks to go, and all students are looking forward to attend this wonderful event in their lives.....congrats!

No comments: