Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Poultry....the broiler industry in Malaysia

My research team was awarded a research grant under MOHE, Knowledge-Transfer-Program. Our focus area was the poultry industry in Malaysia, specifically the broiler industry. On Sunday, 29/9/2012 my team had a meeting with a managing director of a company involved in the broiler industry. I learnt a lot about the volatility of this industry. There are so much being given to the integrator and there are few number of companies only actively involved in this industry. There were some new terms I learnt from him as well such...pure line, great great grand parent (GGP), grand parent (GP), etc..
There are few players in broiler industry in Malaysia such as CAB, KFC, Sin Mah etc.
What I really surprised was the attitude of the managing director. He complaint a lot about some of the government agencies that he's dealing with. He also complaint about the limited efforts done by our government to support him.
I just listened to him.....and keep on thinking.....
I just couldn't imagine how much the tax exemptions given to him. The tax incentives given under the Ministry of Agriculture also substantial though...
What he really wants anyway?

**I just found out that...he is a strong supporter of LGE.......

No comments: